Being a new blogger is not easy, let me tell you. Most of the time you just don’t get the recognition that you would like because simply you’re still trying to find your audience. While I knew this coming into such a saturated community, it still hurts when a post that worked day and night on and poured your heart into doesn’t get the attention you think it deserves. But then there are days like these when someone reaches out and commends you for all your hard work, and helps you remember why it’s all worth it. I recently was nominated for a blogger recognition award from a new mommy friend I met on Insta, Melissa from the Little Pink Pumpling, and I am so happy to participate in this little blogger roundup! So here it goes.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your blog award.
3. Give a brief story about how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created
WHY I STARTED MY BLOG
Originally, My Day in LA was a totally different concept from what it is today. When I first started I really wanted to share all the cool and interesting places in LA. But after writing several posts, and with the birth of my second daughter, my blog shifted toward sharing both my adventures in LA and in motherhood. For me, this blog has been a way to share my love of writing, so I guess it’s always stayed true to its original intent.
ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS
- First and foremost, always stay true to your passion. I literally have read every advice post out there for new bloggers, and while most of the information is great and useful, never listen to anyone that tells you to compromise your passion just to appease your audience. People can tell in your writing whether you are truly passionate about your subject or if you’re just writing posts because you think that’s what they want. So, stay true to your interests and those who are truly invested and you and your blog will not falter.
- Don’t give up! There will be days, weeks, even months where it seems all the hard work is worth nothing but it will pay off. Maybe not in the way you want but eventually, your work will be recognized.
Now I would like to pass the torch to a few well deserving bloggers! So make sure you check them out!