Hey, guys! So I have completely MIA this month. Between life and motherhood this month I haven’t gotten much time to tend to the blog. Hayden recently started Summer break and I am still trying to adjust to having both kids with me 24/7. That being said, I don’t get much me-time, which is when I usually write my posts. So instead of writing about one of our little adventures or about the girls like I usually do, I figured why not make this post all about ME! Here are 20 things you might not know about me, Krystal, or as most of you know me as, Hayden and Holland’s momma.
- I guess I’ll start from the beginning. My name is Krystal Nicole, I am 28 years old and I was born and have lived in LA my entire life.
- Considering the above, I would love to move abroad and live in a different country for at least a year while the girls are still young. Still working on the baby daddy on that idea.
- I graduated from Cal State Long Beach with a B.A. in History with an emphasis in Medieval and Modern European history.
- I am the oldest of two sisters, Kourtney and Koral (yes, we all start with K’s).
- Fernando and I met while working and we have been together for about eight years now.
- No, we not married, even though it feels like we are. I don’t really know if we ever will, and I am completely okay with it.
- Seven is my lucky number and it has a weird way of popping up in my life. For instance: I was born on the 27th and Hayden was born on the 17th, Holland and I both have 7 letters in our name, Fernando and I are 7 years apart, I met him when he was 27 years old, his last name has 7 letters, my parents were born on 9/17 and 7/11…I could go on, but weird right?
- I have only traveled to two different countries, UK and Peru, but I plan to travel much, much more (check out my bucket list.)
- I am slightly obsessed with Disney and Disneyland. My parents use to take me for my birthday when I was younger and it has been my ‘happy place’ ever since.
- I LOVE cookies, they are my favorite dessert. They have to be soft and chocolate chip preferably, but I do enjoy Oreos but only if they’re stale (weird I know.)
- I have one tattoo.
- I like small spoons, well, utensils in general. I have a smaller mouth (ask my dentist) so the smaller utensils just work better for me. Using a large soup spoon just drives me crazy.
- I love interior design and home decor. I almost majored in interior design before choosing history.
- I am pigeoned-toed and Fernando always makes fun of me for it. But fun fact, he was pigeoned-toed too! So I always make it a point to say that when he teases me.
- I am a bit of a mutt. My mother is Irish, English and German and my father is Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Portugees.
- I know how to crochet but can’t sew.
- I love to read and one of my favorite books is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- If you haven’t noticed, I love fine art and thoroughly enjoy visiting museums. Some of my favorite pieces are The Swing by Jean-Honore Fragonard, The Abbey in the Oakwood by Caspar David Friedrich, and The Portal of Rouen Cathedral in Morning Light by Claude Monet.
- My nicknames include: Kris, Krissy, Krissy Lou-Lou, or Mom (which my sisters love to call me when I’m being “annoying”)
- I could binge watch American Horror Story (Murder House & Coven), Downton Abbey, The Walking Dead, Call Doc Martin, and more recently, The Hand Maid, all day every day.
Well, that was kind of fun! Now you know a little bit more about me and can see that I am kind of a weirdo, hahaha. I would love to hear a little more about you! Share one random fact about yourself in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!!