Okay, so I may be jumping the gun, since it’s still April, but I want to talk about swimsuits. Before I had the little ones I LOVED buying bikinis. For me, finding the perfect bikini was like finding the perfect outfit. Anything from bandeaus, triangle tops, to Brazilian bottoms I wanted them all. And usually the tinier the bikini the better. Fast forward to today and my criteria for bikinis has totally changed.
Since I no longer go to the beach just to worship the sun, my days of tiny string bikinis are long gone. For one, chasing a toddler in a Brazilian bottom is less than ideal. And two, the more strings the easier for little hands to untie. So instead of worrying about how to prevent a serious wardrobe malfunction, my swimsuits now have to be a bit more practical. This way I can focus more on the important things; like making sure Holland doesn’t swallow a handful of sand or getting enough sunblock on hyperactive Hayden. But just because my bikinis are more practical doesn’t mean they can’t be fashionable.
Luckily, one-pieces and high-waisted bikini bottoms are really in at the moment. Which gives us moms a lot more options when searching for cute and functional swimwear. So this “Mommy Must Haves” is dedicated to helping all you moms find the ideal swimsuit this year. I am going to highlight a few of my favorite brands so you don’t have to scour the entire internet. So if you’re interested, keep on reading!
(In order left to right)
- ASOS: Asos has a really great ‘Mix & Match’ section, but probably the best part is the Asos ECO line. This bikini, along with many others, is made out of sustainable fabrics including recycled yarn, recovered fishing line, and other material waste. So you can look super chic and help the planet! Shop the Asos’ eco line here.
- BILLABONG: You can’t go wrong when buying a bikini from a surf brand. I figure if PRO women surfers can surf in it then chasing a toddler around the beach should be no problem. I just love the floral, feminine design of this piece. You can shop this look here.
- TOPSHOP: You really can’t go wrong with TopShop. Shop this super chic red one piece here.
- H&M: This is another great place where you can pick up bikini tops and bottoms to mix and match. I love the high leg and scoop back on this one piece. Shop for this piece here.
- OLD NAVY: I know what you’re thinking, Old Navy? It would probably be the last place you look for swimwear, am I right? Well, you would be surprised how cute some of their pieces are! But by far, the main reason for including this is because you can usually find some great ‘mommy and me’ bikinis. Last year I scored a really cute one piece for myself and found the same pattern in Hayden’s size! So if you’re looking for an affordable matching suit for you and your little one, make sure to check Old Navy. Shop the bikini above here.
- FOREVER 21: My go to when looking for a trendy, inexpensive swimsuit. Just like this super cute leopard one piece. Can you believe it cost less than $20! Shop this piece here.
- L*SPACE: Usually a staple at every bikini shop, L*Space is always on trend and their prices do show it. But what I love about this piece is that it would be great for one of the windier and cooler days at the beach. Shop the look here.
- REVOLVE: If you frequent Instagram than I am sure you are aware of Revolve. As with their clothing, their swimwear is on point. I just love the detail on this high-waisted bikini. To shop this piece, click here.
- RVCA: Like I said before, you can go wrong with a surf brand. Check out this retro inspired one piece here.
Well, there you have it. Eight fashionable and functional swimsuits for all the mommies out there! Let me know which ones you purchase or some of your other favorite brands in the comments below.
Happy bikini hunting!