Now that I have two little ones running around, the house has been more chaotic than ever. With their boundless energy, I’ve had to figure out ways to keep both of them occupied. But with Holland just walking and Hayden already being a “big girl,” finding a medium that is fun and entertaining for them both can be a little difficult. Luckily, we live close to some really cool parks that have helped keep me sane and these little girls busy.
Here is a list of our top 5 favorite parks and why we love them!
5. MARINE PARK/MOTHER’S BEACH, LONG BEACH– With a playground located right on the beach, this is the perfect place to splash and play! The play facility is fairly new, interactive and also shaded. Which is an added bonus even when the kids want to have some fun in the sun. Plus, with the calm waters of the bay, it’s an ideal place for little ones just learning to swim!
4. ROCKETSHIP PARK, TORRANCE- If you have been following us, then you already know all the reasons why we love this park. So I’m not going to go into detail. But if you are new (welcome!) just click here.
3. POLLIWOG PARK, MANHATTAN BEACH– This is a park that you can practically spend the whole day and still have things to do. With two separate play areas, on different sides of the park, kids get their choice of where they want to play. There is also a nice size lake that is home to tons of ducks and turtles! Oh, and did I mention that the city’s historical museum is housed there? And if that wasn’t enough, the park even hosts a summer concert series!
2. SOUTH PARK, HERMOSA BEACH-We just recently stumbled upon this park and it has quickly become our go-to. Newly remodeled, this park has a lot of fun and different features that we haven’t seen anywhere else. From a huge downhill concrete slide to a rope obstacle course, this park is fun for all ages! It was also specifically designed to accommodate children of all abilities. How awesome is that?!? But our favorite part is definitely the water feature that makes building sandcastles a breeze! On top of that, there are two free parking lots!! That is something you don’t ever find in Hermosa.
1. FRIENDSHIP PARK, SAN PEDRO– This, by far, is our absolute favorite playground. Thanks to the remodel, Friendship now has something for every age, adults included! From things that spin, twirl, swing, and slide this play structure is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I even enjoy playing there myself! With a rock climbing structure, a lighthouse slide, and a dual swing for parent and baby this park is fun for the entire family. Plus, with views of the harbor and the city, you really can’t go wrong!
Not from around our area? Check out these other parks in LA area that we’re dying to check out!
- MALIBU BLUFFS PARK, MALIBU
- GRAND PARK, DTLA
- REESE’S RETREAT, PASADENA
- LA LAGUNA PLAYGROUND, SAN GABRIEL
- COLDWATER CANYON, BEVERLY HILLS
- HERITAGE PARK, CERRITOS