With the holidays quickly approaching I know most moms must be pulling out their hair trying to complete everything on their “to-do list.” From gift shopping to preparing for the invasion of family members, us moms need some extra TLC this time of year. That is why I have compiled a list of my top hair care essentials. My ‘Mommy Must Haves’ not only will make your hair look and feel gorgeous, but they will save you a TON of time during one of the most hectic times of the year. So if you’re looking to streamline your hair care routine and look great with minimal effort then continue reading!
- Hot Tools- With so many brands out there it can get overwhelming when looking for a new styling tool. Unless you’re a hairstylist you probably run straight to Target when your favorite flat iron or curler decides to die. Am I right? Although there is nothing wrong with that, I’ve found a brand that not only is affordable but will last forever! Hot Tools products are something I have been using most of my life. From hair dryers to specialty irons, Hot Tools offer an array of quality made hair styling tools. I received my first Hot Tool hair straightener in high school and it still works to this day. That’s like over ten years people! I also recently bought a curling iron and received a FREE flat iron as a special promo. How awesome is that?? So don’t waste your time other brands, check out Hot Tools! You can find their products at any local beauty supply store and even Ulta.
- Sea Salt Spray-When I talk about minimal and effortless this product embodies both. sea salt sprays not only give your waves some amazing texture but, best of all, it makes your hair smell like you just stepped off the beach! Other than a messy bun, my other go-to hairstyle is emphasizing my hair’s natural wave. To get that tousled beach look I use sea salt spray. Not only does it save me time but the look is super easy to achieve! Here is what I like to do; I’ll wash my hair the night before, then braid it as I’m getting ready to go to bed. In the morning I unbraid my hair as I’m getting ready, spray in some sea salt spray, tousle, and I am good to go! How simple is that?! It takes me all but five minutes and leaves me looking like a Victoria’s Secret model. Not really, but you get what I am saying. It’s practically effortless and most importantly time-saving! One of my favorites is Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, but another great and more wallet-friendly alternative is Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray. Follow the links to see where to find these products near you.
- Wet Brush- This product is great for both mommy and the little girls in her life. Gone are the days struggling to detangle my little one’s hair all thanks to Wet Brush. With IntelliFlex technology bristles, Wet Brush glides through your hair with easy. No more wasted time yanking or pulling at knots. The best part is no more screaming and crying kids! Wet Brush is specifically designed for wet hair, but works on dry hair just as well. I didn’t believe it would work, but it’s done wonders for my family. My little girl would dread having her hair brushed and now she does it herself. Talk about a time-saver! Now mommy has time to brush her own hair! Haha. You can find Wet Brush at Target, Walgreens, Ulta, or where ever beauty products are sold.
- Dry Shampoo-Probably the number one staple in all mommies hair care routine, dry shampoo is literally a life saver. We all know that when you are a mom showers are usually few and far in-between. So having a good dry shampoo really helps to get me through the week without looking like a total grease ball. Although most hair care product lines offer dry shampoo, it is extremely important to find a great quality one. Cheap dry shampoo will often leave your hair with a lingering white residue. A good quality product will leave your hair looking revitalized and voluminous. But with so many choices on the market, it is hard to pick the good from the bad. So I’ve picked two to steer you in the right direction. If you are looking to splurge I have heard great things about R and Co’s Dry Shampoo. The company offers both a traditional spray and styling paste dry shampoo, which I think sounds pretty cool. For those on a budget check out Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo.
- Biosilk Silk Therapy-Hands down one of my favorite product, Biosilk Silk therapy is something you can splurge on when you have a smaller budget. How might you ask? Well not only is it available at Ulta and Target, but you can usually find it at TJ Maxx and Marshalls for about half the price! Biosilk Silk Therapy is a leave-in treatment that you can use on wet or dry hair. With natural pure silk in every bottle, Silk Therapy helps to protect and prevent damage and leaves your hair silky and shiny. This is another product that I’ve used over the years and have always received compliments on the way my hair looks and feels. So next time you’re bargain hunting at your favorite discount department store grab a bottle of Biosilk Silk Therapy.
- Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands & Bobby Pins- This one is kind of a no-brainer and really an essential for all girls, but I can not stress the importance of these two simple products enough! Whether securing my french braid or just helping to keep my messy bun in place, elastic hair bands and bobby pins are a huge staple in my hair care routine. I always make sure to keep both within grabbing distance. You can never really have enough! Without a doubt the most inexpensive of all my mommy essentials (you can literally find both at the dollar store), ouchless hair bands and bobby pins are a necessity for moms everywhere. Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands and bobby pins can be found at any store that offers your favorite hair styling products.
**Disclaimer: This is not an ad. All products mentioned above I personally use on a daily basis. I am not a hair care professional, nor claim to be. All opinions stated above are my own. Please seek the advice of a hair care professional before trying any new products.